Friday, January 24, 2020

Publishing and Editing

Loyal readers of this blog know I'm a pretty darn good writer. It's one of my few skills and I'm proud of it. I've put those skills to use, together with a big dose of introspection and humility, to complete two books on my experiences: Behind the Codeine Curtain, about my life in Russia working for Russia's richest oligarch, why and how I decided to steal $10 million from him, and my downfall once I was 'found out'. The second book, Camp Cupcake, is about my time in prison, specifically the year I spent in 'prison rehab' as well as time spent in solitary confinement. It's a serious topic, but the book, besides being insightful and interesting, is often funny and very entertaining.  These books are currently with an agent and being readied for publication. I hope you will soon be able to read them online or in print. If you are curious and can't wait, contact me and I will send you a copy of the manuscript.

In addition, in my spare time I love to edit other people's work. Yes, I do charge a fee for this, just as the editor who first helped me with Behind the Codeine Curtain did. But it's reasonable and worth it. For me, it's not really about the money but about putting my skills to good use in helping other aspiring writers perfect their craft. Everyone, no matter how great or famous, needs a second pair of eyes. 

Contact me if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment