Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thank You For Visiting

I'm happy to report that today was the busiest day to date on my modest little blog. I'm too modest (or embarrassed) to disclose actual numbers. Let's just say it was more than 1,000 but less than 1 million. And for all of your visits I earned a whopping $0.04 on Google adsense. I plan to use my new-found riches to buy a pack of gum in the prison commissary. 

So thank you all for visiting. The fact is, I write this blog for myself. It's therapeutic and helps me deal with what awaits. That focus also helps keep me honest. I'm a private person and when I let myself think that others' are reading my innermost thoughts, I get the urge to clam up. 

That's not to say that I'm not grateful for your visits. I am. It's nice to know that I'm reaching an audience. It gives me hope that my experiences may help others or provide a new perspective. My true hope is that my experiences and honest writings will act as a deterrent to others who may be contemplating a crime. Take it from me: you don't want to follow in my footsteps. But please forgive me if, for my own honesty, I continue to bury my head in the sand and pretend that I'm writing entries in my diary and not blog posts for all to see.

I have a new substantive post ready to go but instead of posting edifying content I decided to pat you on the back. So until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment